Women Empowerment Through WEConnect – Our thoughts being SuperSeva, one of the esteemed WEConnect Businesses in India
Estée Lauder said, “I never dreamt about success. I worked for it.” Likewise, women, today are taking responsibility and working towards their personal growth and success. They compete and complement their male counterparts in almost all aspects of life. They are known to have better communication and integrity. Women entrepreneurs or leaders like Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (of Biocon), Indra Nooyi (of Pepsi), Arundhati Bhattacharya (former chairman of SBI) and our CEO, Kumud Sharma have lead from the front and set up benchmarks for others to follow. Organizations like WEConnect have recognized, nurtured and connected people like them to achieve bigger success and stronger women empowerment.
Statistics: There are around 576 self-registered WEConnect businesses in India which are women-owned. Among them, around 57 WEConnect businesses in India are certified. WEConnect can take pride in forging 284 business connections in India during 2015. In the same year, about 1301 people benefited from pieces of training and programs by WEConnect.
As expected, most of the WEConnect businesses in India (65 percent) fall within $500,000 revenue category. (2011-2015 data). Interestingly, about 36 percent of certified WEConnect businesses in India had less than ten employees according to 2011-2015 statistics.
WEConnect International is a global network which acts as a bridge between women-owned enterprises and qualified buyers.
WEConnect businesses in India stands to gain the following benefits:
- Business Growth: WEConnect improves your bottom line as it connects you with women vendors who compete on quality, service, and price.
- Risk Management: Your vendor options increase and you are in a better position to handle risks.
- Vendor Development: WEConnect businesses in India gain access to the world’s only multilingual online directory of self-registered and certified women-owned businesses.
- Knowledge Exchange: WEConnect helps you to share ideas.
- Brand Enhancement: WEConnect makes your brand image to increase.
- Leader Engagement: WEConnect creates increased leader engagement.
- Global Impact: WEConnect is a gateway for your organization to look for worldwide opportunities.
On the occasion of international women’s day on 8-March, let us appreciate the good worth of WEConnect businesses in India and leverage the maximum benefit out of it. Erica Nicole, who left Corporate America to start YFS Magazine told,” The glass ceiling that once limited a woman’s career path has paved a new road towards business ownership, where women can utilize their sharp business acumen while building strong family ties.” Taking inspiration from her words, let us convert each challenge into a new opportunity by innovating, thinking out of the box and by breaking gender stereotypes. We know that we can achieve anything if we make up our mind! This women’s day, let us aim to become stronger in all aspects of life. As they say – its all in the mind!